Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 11 - How to Train Your Dragon

Last night, I went to see the new Dreamworks film How to Train Your Dragon with my boyfriend. I had heard rave reviews about the film, but I didn't want to get my hopes up. 
With each passing minute however, I found myself falling in love with Hiccup, Toothless, and every other character in How to Train Your Dragon. 

The majestic dragon named Toothless was shown in the beginning of the film as the most fearsome monster in the land of the Vikings because no one had ever met it and survived. However, once Hiccup discovered Toothless and befriended him, it was not hard to smile at the beautiful story of a "wanna-be-dragon-killer" changing his ways to befriend his enemy. 

Dreamworks and Pixar are two of the most well-known digital animation studios. In both Dreamworks' How to Train Your Dragon  and Pixar's Monsters Inc. textures play a beautiful role in the awe-inspiring realism of the characters. The textures created by the animators for both films were so intricate and detailed that it made you feel as though you were watching a live-action film. The way you can see every single hair rustle on Sully's body as well as every freckle, hair and fiber on the Vikings' clothes and skin is very impressive.  

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen How to Train your Dragon (and really wasn't that interested but now I guess I should) but I have seen Monster's Inc and completely agree about the textures adding so much depth to the films. With all the detail that every character has it is so easy to become completely immersed in the films and feel like the characters are as real as any live action.

    ReplyDelete