Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 10 - The Wrong Trousers

I must admit, I'm not a fan of the Wallace and Gromit series. When I saw that we were going to be watching one of their adventures I wasn't thrilled, but I decided to remain open-minded. Despite my dislike of the series, I appreciate Nick Park's imagination and skill. Since I focused more on his skill rather than on my annoyance with the characters, I found myself enjoying The Wrong Trousers.

The Wrong Trousers was a surprisingly funny episode with an interesting plot idea. I wasn't expecting the penguin to be an evil mastermind when he first made his appearance, yet I found this twist to be refreshing since I view penguins as cute and cuddly creatures. I liked the remote control trousers as well; the sound effects that accompanied the trousers were clever and distinctive, especially when the trousers were used to walk up walls.

Though I doubt I will ever come to like Wallace and Gromit, I still admire Nick Park and will continue to watch some of his other claymations; I particularly love Adam. After we were introduced to it in class, I went home and watched it over and over. I found myself smiling and laughing each time. I look forward to seeing what else Nick Park comes out with in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment